PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATION DEADLINE IS EXTENDED TO SEPTEMBER 30, 2017
Alhamdulilah, Ruya Foundation is pleased to announce a scholarship for a qualified Aalim/Mufti for Fall 2017/Spring 2018 semester. This scholarship will be initially awarded for one year and will be renewed for up to four years if sufficient funds are available and if a candidate meets the minimum academic standards required by Ruya Foundation. The scholarship will be awarded to obtain a BS, MS or a PhD degree in one of the approved majors.
You qualify for scholarships if you meet the following requirements:
- Have an Aalim or Mufti or equivalent degree from a recognized Islamic school, OR
- Enrolled in an Islamic school to complete an Aalim or Mufti degree.
- Fulfill requirements for admission to a University/College with four-year degree programs, OR
- Is enrolled in a four year University/College for a BS, MS or a PhD program.
- Be a US Citizen
You can download the application form by clicking to the following link:
You would need to provide the following documents along with your application:
- Three essays (Please see below for the topics)
- Three references.
- Transcripts and degrees from all schools (Religious or other) attended.
- Your choice of major. Major must be one of the approved majors.
Please write essays on one of the following topics,
- After completion of your degree, how would you contribute to fulfill the vision of Ruya and use your degree to give back to the community? (Minimum 1000 words)
- Tell us two of the most intellectually challenging problems faced by Muslim youth today? (Minimum 1000 words)
- What do you think about how the Muslim renaissance can happen. (Minimum 1000 words)
- What would be your approach to eradicate Extremism from Muslim societies.(Minimum 1000 words)
- Application deadline: September 30, 2017
Please fill the form and mail it to,
P.O. Box 2241
Fremont, CA 94536